|Organization:||Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada (WICC)|
|Position Type:||Summer student May 8 – August 18, 2017|
|Position Title:||Marketing and Communications Assistant|
|Salary:||$15/hour for 35 hours/week|
|Mon-Fri during normal office hours (9am-5pm)|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Location:||47 Queen’s Park Cres. East, Toronto, M5S 2C3 (Toronto School of Theology Building on U of T campus)|
The marketing and communications assistant will report to the executive director and work alongside the communications coordinator. This student position will be part of an office team. There will be a mentoring plan and personal weekly meetings with the supervisor to provide career-related work experience.
NATURE AND SCOPE
WICC is a national Christian women’s council committed to restoring hope to women touched by injustice: by expressing Christ’s love through prayer, worship and unity; by educating ourselves and our communities on the social justice issues of the day; by empowering women financially through grants; by engaging women with resources and opportunities to respond to justice.
The role of the marketing and communications assistant will increase the capability to engage women in WICC programs and support the grant recipients who provide services to women touched by injustice.
- Assist with the development and implementation of website redesign for wicc.org.
- Prepare marketing materials to promote WICC programs in both English and French.
- Promote social justice awareness and program development for younger women.
- Answer phone as needed.
- Miscellaneous Administrative support as requested.
- A student returning to university in fall 2017.
- Skills related to the following areas of study: Business – Marketing; Website; English – Communications and Writing. French language would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skill with computer programs (Google mail, Word, Excel) and Word Press
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a collegial fashion in a small office.
- A woman familiar with the Christian ethos.
APPLY by emailing your cover letter, resume, and transcript to the WICC Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants in advance.