Become a member of WICC’s Network!
Established in 1918, WICC is the only national women’s ecumenical organization in Canada. As an organization rooted in faith, we are called to action: to share, learn, educate, and advocate for women’s issues of social justice, in Canada and abroad, within and outside of church communities. Our diverse and widespread network of members supports a wider vision of church and brings a critical perspective to social issues that are common across society within an ecumenical environment.
As a member of WICC’s Network, you can:
- Share in the perspectives of women in different denominations;
- Join with other Canadians working on issues of women’s human rights;
- Explore and express your faith and spirituality in diverse contexts;
- Connect and dialogue;
- Support work on important current issues like:
- Violence against women
- Human trafficking
- Aboriginal rights
- Racial justice
- Participation of women in society and church
- Peace and reconciliation
- Participate in ecumenical movements such as the World Day of Prayer and Fellowship of the Least Coin
- Take part in December 6th liturgies and Racial Justice events
- Access resources, grassroots and national women’s orgnnizations
- Participate in gatherings, workshops, conferences and events.
As a Member you will also receive:
Regular brief e-bulletins on breaking news or action calls; Riding the Waves – the newsmagazine of The Women’s Inter-Church Council of Canada published three times per year. Click here to learn how easy it is to join us!